Friday 20 January 2017

Fabric lined basket

I have a bit of a thing for the old fashioned shopping wicker / cane baskets.  I love them!  I can't resist them when I find one in a charity shop and use them for storage and work baskets.

I also like to line them.  They are usually a bit rough on the inside for storing yarns and fabrics so I love jazzing them up with a different fabric.

This little chap has been sitting on the shelf for a while.  I sprayed it with a bit of metallic gold and lined it with a fabric that was gifted to me.


I seamed the top and ran a ribbon through so that I could tie a bow at each side


A lucky co-incidence is that there is a super little gap at each side to keep my spare knitting needles tucked in out of the way.


The basket has a flat plywood base - so it was easy to cut the base the correct shape and gather 2 side panels to fit.  The lining sits in the basket beautifully!


Love
kitten


www.princesskitten.co.uk
www.thekittenandthegoat.co.uk
kittenandgoat@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi welcome to kitten's world. Glad you stopped by - do leave me a comment